Church Reserve 1831
This plan of the Church Reserve at Paterson Plains was drawn by surveyor George Boyle White in 1831.
The plan shows the lockup at Old Banks, the track north (named settler's road) and three large lagoons (Powell's, Whitmore's and Swan's lagoons) which were part of the extensive wetlands complex that included Lake Paterson to the south east.
The full plan is available online.
Notes and references
This map is probably the original from which a tracing was made and published as Church and School Land (Survey and Particulars of Sale of, in Parishes of Middlehope, Butterwick and Wolfingham), Legislative Council of New South Wales, 1872. The tracing is signed 'G. B. White, August 1831' and reprinted in Cynthia Hunter's The Settlers of Paterson's Plains. Paterson: Paterson Historical Society, 1997, appendix map 7.
Church and School Corporation (Church Reserve) land at Patersons Plains.
Dangar's 1828 map of the Hunter Valley.
Map of Patersons Plains c1830.
George Boyle White in the Aust. Dict. Biography.