Early map of Paterson village (pre 1840)
The village of Paterson was gazetted in 1833 and by 1835 a court house and lockup had been built (the building on the map just to left of centre in King Street). The map is annotated '1849' but was apparently drawn much earlier. It omits St. Anns (1842), St. Pauls (1845) and James Phillips' private subdivision adjoining the official village in 1840.
Drawn by GT Carmichael (National Library of Australia).