search web this site
Paterson River history

search web this site

Paterson River Hotels - list and links

The earliest licensed hotel in the Paterson district was 'The Hunter' which was operating by at least 1828. The 1850s and 1860s were the heyday of Paterson hotels, with five operating in Paterson itself. By 1870 there were just three. Under the stricter licensing laws of 1882 the number shrunk to the two hotels that are still in business in Paterson today.

See also

Publicans' licences for the Paterson River district (with some gaps 1861 to 1865):

The first list above was extracted from the online index to publicans' licences at State Records NSW. The second and third lists have been extracted for research purposes on a non-commercial basis from: Knight, Ken and Fred Scott, Pubs and Publicans in NSW 1860-1900, Society of Australian Genealogists, 2016.